Recently I had surprise in my letterbox!
Google had sent me Postcard in my letterbox (no not my inbox but my Letterbox) where we get snail mail!!! Can you believe it?
We at APA do run an AdWords campaign, lately we have been slow in running our campaign on Google, and Google being Google the Mega Grand Mother of all internet was wondering how it could help us! Google sent a postcard with great offer via traditional snail mail!
The point to ponder & is ironic— The King Of Online Marketing expert “The Google” is regularly turning on to the traditional paper based direct mail to promote its business, than why not small & medium sized business? And Google isn’t the only high-tech, Yahoo, Amazon, eBay and lots tech savvy companies are using old-fashioned paper based direct mail marketing delivering to letterboxes!
Despite this digital revolution, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) retailers have long found that the printed catalogue the ‘flyer’ that promotes a local store’s latest products and specials—has the farthest reach for marketing.
The internet may be wreaking havoc among bricks-and-mortar retailers, but it seems the old-fashioned paper catalogue is resisting the onslaught.
Despite the rise and rise of e-commerce, more than one in three shoppers still relies on the humble catalogue before they make a purchase, according to the latest survey by AMP Capital Shopping Centres.
As we devote countless hours trying to figure out ways to boost our online marketing campaigns, we are probably overlooking a direct advertising channel that should be part of our overall marketing strategies. That’s a mistake, because letterboxing is an effective marketing tool – and one that more advertising agencies are harnessing. More agencies are learning that a letterbox drop is a great way to reach out to customers and deliver unique, relevant, and timely content. In 2017 results from many studies still shows letterboxing continues to be the cheapest & effective way to reach your customers reliably and regularly.
The fact is Letterbox Distribution Continues to Deliver Results. Simply, one of the most effective ways to reach your customers.
Some unfortunate facts
- TV: hundreds of channels & YouTube, we watch what we want to, & skip what we don’t want to. We all skip adverts on the traditional free to air channels!
- Radio: hundreds of stations & so as we all listen to the music of our choice and at times listen to radio whilst driving. Yes this media is still going strong
93% of buyers go into store after reading a catalogue
- Websites: You are not in a business if you do not have a website. Once you have a website you need to be on first page of Google or Yahoo. Yes you got to spend lots of money bid on AdWords to be on top or you are lost in 700 million websites!
- Social Media: When did serious shopping from social media? No doubt all major companies and brands have pretty much withdrawn from social media
- Email: We delete an email before it reaches our Inbox! It’s so easy to delete an email. If you don’t know the sender and the subject doesn’t grab your attention, you send an email to the trash faster than we can say “Spam”. Unopened and unread. In this digital age, your inbox sees more action than your letterbox
58% of Australians (25–34 years), read catalogues vs 12% who read online.
- Newspapers & Magazines: Thousands are in circulation, & are expensive but still working well for the response rates.
- Letterbox: It’s only ‘1” letterbox. We receive catalogues – advertising material in our mail box & at times we get ourselves a cup of tea and browse through the material collected from our letterbox. We put our time to read advertisements. We mark what we like & then jump on to a website to check more & then go to do shopping. Thus letterbox distribution works.
This the reason that all major retailers still spend majority of their advertising budget on printing & letterbox distribution. We all check out Aldi’s catalogue every week. We do check Harvey Norman, Good Guys catalogues every week! And some of us do not miss checking out specials for groceries and Liquor prices before shopping. The fact is there is only “1” Letterbox & it consistently delivers best Results.
APA guarantees the delivery of their client’s flyers into a minimum of 90% of all letterboxes within the demarcated area of the client as agreed.
You could let us handle your campaign from your original idea through to the final distribution. We can take care of design, copywriting and printing.
You will benefit from our years of experience in this field. You will get the best advice on the design & layout of your flyers, along with advice on the demographics of the area and number of properties in your catchment area that will give you the best ROI.
Yes, you can contact APA Flyer distribution today & we can be of help to make your letterbox distribution a success.
Advertising Printing Australia (APA)
Call us Now: 1300 33 00 50
sales@AdvertisingPrinting.com.au | www.AdvertisingPrinting.com.au